General Improvements & Honest Feedback [#V3 Testnet Feedback#]

General Improvements & Honest Feedback

Before starting, I would like to congratulate the ZKSwap team for being part of the revolution. One important moment in human history (after the Internet) was the creation of blockchains. The next one is when we succeed scaling them.

That being said, let’s begin…

What Can Be Improved

• When transferring funds from L1 to L2, I saw that the UI reported that I have 0 LINK (which is incorrect as I had 160) and 160 user_33 token (whatever this is - probably my LINK displayed incorrectly). I couldn’t swap my LINK (that user_33 token). When choosing a token to swap for, the list was empty.

• See IMAGE_01.
  • When viewing a NFT and pressing the back button, the page number resets. Example: If you are at page 50 and click on a NFT then go back, it’ll take you to the first page. Which may be frustrating if you didn’t remembered the page number you were at.

• Say you are on the wrong network and the message regarding the wrong network pops up. Even after you change to the right network, the message doesn’t go away, so what’s left to do is to refresh the page and hit the connect button once again.

• See IMAGE_02.
  • Regarding the character limits when creating a NFT. First of all, can they be increased? Second, the message that pops up when the limit is exceeded is not specific. Take for example the following message, is it referring to the title or the description? Given the small limit, we can deduce it’s referring to the title, but still, it is not specific.

• I would also suggest an increase in the character limit for both the title and description. Maybe a pool with the users voting the limits.
    • See IMAGE_03.
  • The minting TX didn’t showed up on the account tab, only in the block explorer.

• See IMAGE_04 & IMAGE_05.
  • The profile image doesn’t show up in the block explorer right next to the NFT, but it is displayed correctly when you click on it.

• See IMAGE_06 & IMAGE_07.
  • The tutorial of the V3 testnet needs more focus on the design. A recommandation will be creating a template document with ZKSwap’s aesthetics and using it. The content is good, but the UI is lacking.

Nice to have’s

• Filtering of NFTs based on price.
  • After purchasing a NFT, the TX link in the block explorer will be useful. Right now it’s just displaying a general message.
    • See IMAGE_08.

What I Liked

• The minting was very fast (at least for me).

Conclusion

I spent quite some time playing with the platform. I like it’s design, it’s clear and modern, and while I’ve found some things that can be improved, I think we are on the right track. I can only image the amount of work the team is doing and the effort that is put in.

If you found what I’ve wrote useful, here are my details:

• L2 Address: 0x5F2D0A415AED911526191483eA36c379fb89BBed
  • Twitter: Profile

P.S: While creating the topic, I received a message that said that new users can only embed only one image. So I’ve removed them from the main topic, and I will post the images in comments.

1 Like

It’s duplicate with this one.

I’ve created this post first but was flagged by the system. The one reffered by the link above is the one that should be taken into cosideration.