English
Problems & Feedback
ZKSwap V3 - my thoughts and feedback #ZKSwap V3 NFT#
English
Problems & Feedback

bakgwei
6d
1 - First things first
I have been with ZKSwap since the very beginning, and have been a strong and vocal supporter. I am very happy to see that you keep up the strong development. V3 proofs that to me, and I very much like the direction you are going.

2 - My thoughts on features
NFTs will be the future of many things to come. So far the focus is on art with a questionable value in many cases. As the market matures, there will be a lot better use cases for NFTs. Uniswap has shown which directions NFTs could go with their V3, and certainly many things will be represneted as NFT in the not-so-distant future.

Developing a working L2 for NFTs is a missing item in the current market setup. With a huge portion of NFTs being traded on L1 ETH, the astronomical gas fees are excluding many market participants. So V3 of ZKSwap with a focus on NFTs will solve that - I am actually surprised that other L2 solutions are not thinking in the same direction. However, I am very happy to see that ZKSwap is - once again - a first-mover in that area.

3 - Open question in my opinion
One thing that is not clear to me is how a migration of NFTs from L1 to L2 could work on a technical ground. In an ideal world, transferring an NFT between layers (or even protocols) would be as easy as sending a token. However, as METIS has illustrated pretty well recentlly, things are more complex witrh NFTs (link: Bridging NFTs across layers. By Pavel Sinelnikov | by MetisDAO | Sep, 2021 | Medium)

Also, if I may dream here a bit, an integration with other L2 solutions would be a wonderful feature. This would save users the need to go from L2 to L1 and then to L2 again, each time incurring gas fees.

0x4C42C7583B30B005211ef14F2F7c9F3A118bc071

1 Like