#V3 Testnet Feedback# The test experience

Storing data permanently on the ethereum main network is too expensive. To keep costs low for on-chain storage of NFT metadata, we chose ethereum’s layer 2.
Layer-2 extends the solution

Recent developments in state channels and side chains attempt to move some of the work out of the main chain to other locations, increasing the performance and cost of slower (but very safe) platforms. **

And the next generation of scalable blockchain

The new wave of blockchain allows every node participating in the network to run all code, reducing waste and speeding up execution.

You can split up the network so that most of the computation runs in parallel. This allows network capacity to expand as the number of network nodes increases, freeing network capacity theory from constraints.

Five big problems in building infrastructure

1. Environmental costs
    Blockchain relies on encryption technology to provide security and consensus on distributed networks. This essentially means that complex algorithms must be run in order to “prove” that a user has the right to compose content on the chain, which requires a lot of computing power and is costly. In the case of Bitcoin, the computing power needed to keep the network running consumes as much energy as 159 countries in the world. The environmental impact and energy costs cannot be ignored.
    The overall performance is good. Everything is correct except that the prices I quoted just now are not consistent with those elsewhere. All of a sudden, token exchange authorization is much better, much faster than level 1. I like the speed very much. The time spent on these exchanges must have been half an hour, and now I’m doing it in two minutes

0x190bc58061e1da98e856392c2e50f1b32fd060fa